Ohio -Tourist Attractions

Why am I writing about Ohio – somewhere I have never been? Well I am taking part in the Edublogs Student Blogging Challenge and one of this week’s tasks (Challenge 2 Sept 2011) was to write a post about some tourist attractions in various parts of the world, in particular America, where Miss W one of the Challenge Organisers, is travelling.

In Ohio there are many tourist attractions, but you really have to research to find out about them.

Here are just a few:

Museum of Define Art:

A magnificent display of Catholic Art.

Lou McClung was recovering  and repairing old Catholic art as a hobby when he discovered that the display of old Catholic art was dying out in Northeast Ohio so he convinced the Local Council to put aside one of the old churches and within a few months he had redone it into a Museum of Devine Art.

Lakewood, Ohio.

World’s Largest Horseshoe Crab:

Yes, the world’s largest horseshoe crab is on display in Blanchester, Ohio. This giant crab sits next to a Freedom Worship Baptist Church and the crab is a memorial symbol of the Christian Faith.

This is a good one for Christians.

For more information please visit this website:

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/

Also, for those of you who didn’t know Ohio is also the set of the hit show ‘Glee’.

3 thoughts on “Ohio -Tourist Attractions

1. Hi Kimberley,
    I see you did a bit of research on two American Tourist attractions in Ohio. Using a web link was a good idea because the reader can explore further if they wish. I wonder if you could have a look for a couple of photos of these attractions as it adds a bit more interest to your blog. Don’t forget to Attribute them (reference them)
    Mrs N

2. Pingback: Visit these – Sept 2011 Week 2 : Challenge Yourself to Blog